The farmhouse lies in the heart of Tuscany, almost exactly midway between its two greatest cities, Florence and Siena. Each is only 40 minutes away by car (with bus services from the local village). The medieval skyscrapers of San Gimignano and the Chianti towns of Greve, Panzano, Radda and Castellina are all closer still.
The closest town to the farmhouse, San Donato in Poggio, is half an hour’s walk through woods and vineyards. It has kept its medieval fortifications and has buildings of evident antiquity. At its top is a little piazzetta, in which there is an elegant Renaissance palazzo, a Gothic church and a well. Just outside the village is the pieve, a Romanesque church with three elegant apses, built in the late 12th century out of pale, dressed alberese stone.
Some of the many Restaurants near to Podere Le Radicchie:
• Cantinetta di Rignana, Loc. Rignana, 50022, Greve in Chianti
• Ristorante Oltre il Giardino, Piazza Gastone Bucciarelli 42, 50022, Panzano in Chianti
• La Locanda di Pietracupa, via Madonna di Pietracupa 31, 50028, San Donato in Poggio
• Antica Trattoria La Toppa, Via del Giglio, 43, 50028, San Donato in Poggio
• Osteria alla Piazza, Localita Piazza 9, 53011, Castellina in Chianti
• Osteria uscio e bottega, Strada Sicelle 56, 53011 Castellina In Chianti
• Ristoro di Lamole, Via di Lamole 6, 50022 Greve in Chianti
• Osteria Le Panzanelle, Loc. Lucarelli, 53017 Radda in Chianti